Perfect, beautiful and comfortable wedding dress is a lifelong dream of every bride! If you have decided to sew a wedding dress, you need to take care not only of style and cut, but also of fabric. When selecting a base material for your dress take into account the following factors: image, silhouette, color and season. Also pay attention to the fabric properties. Fabrics for wedding dresses can be natural, synthetic or mixed. They can reflect light or be matte.
1. Traditional classic wedding fabrics include silk and satin. They have a smooth, shiny surface well combined with matte inserts and can be easily decorated with all sorts of details. But clothes made of taffeta and chiffon will always remain in fashion.
- Crepe is considered versatile due to its properties. As it can be both heavy and light, it is successfully used for sewing various models. A big advantage of the fabric is its capability not to rumple. This material is perfect for designing flowing skirts.
- Do you want to look luxurious? Then boldly purchase brocade. But keep in mind that the fabric is heavy, so it will be a winning model for winter.
- If comfort is a key notion for you, take taffeta. Moreover, its shiny smooth surface will saturate your outfit with refinement.
- Sometimes the material for making a wedding dress is represented by velvet, shantung and Lurex-containing fabric (a fabric with metallic thread).
- Light versions of fabrics for wedding dresses are organza and chiffon. These materials are not only used for creating the basis, they are also applied for decorating the finished dress. Organza and chiffon adornments will add tenderness and romance to your bridal image. Organza is tougher than chiffon, so it holds the shape better. Also this group can include tulle, georgette, lace and muslin.
- How can we do without laces? In addition to the femininity and romanticism, the main advantage of this material is creating a sexy look. With the help of lace, it is possible to emphasize slender legs, beautiful breast and thin waist. This material repeatedly proves that it is the most popular for making wedding dresses.
- For a winter wedding dress, choose such materials as velvet, taffeta and brocade. All shades of white, pearl, opal and cream will be suitable for winter garments.
- A summer wedding dress needs “breathing”, so perfect solutions are chiffon, organza and tulle. Optimum colors are champagne and ivory.
- For the autumn-spring season summer models of wedding dresses will be quite acceptable.